Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Self-Reminders On Setting Up New Maya Plug-in Projects

Been running into a few issues when I tried setting up additional projects for Maya plug-ins in my project solution. Figured it might be helpful to keep track of what fixes I used here:
  1. Make sure the path to Maya has been set to environment variable, $(MAYA_PATH) in my case, in project properties -> C/C++ and Linker sections. This is mainly for collaborating with people who have different versions of Maya (my partner has 2013 and I 2012)

  2. In Build -> Configuration Manager, verify that the settings are "Debug" for configuration and "x64" for Active Solution Platform (and all the other solution platforms)

  3. If the project throws error MSB4044: The "CppClean" task was not given a value for the required parameter "FoldersToClean", make sure the Output Directory name contains $(Configuration) and not $(ConfigurationName) (via EatMyRandom)

  4. Always set the MTypeId value in the .cpp file, otherwise the project'll throw an error. 

No comments:

Post a Comment