Monday, March 3, 2014

CIS 660 Advanced Topics in Computer Graphics and Animation: Authoring Tool Project

The authoring tool project is a semester-long endeavor where students in the class pair up and implement a SIGGRAPH paper from the past 6 years. The paper my partner and I chose is from SIGGRAPH 2013 and titled "Terrain Generation Using Procedural Models Based On Hydrology". Procedural generation has always been an interest of mine, and I think it'll be fun to take a break from buildings and focus on something a bit more organic.

We're naming our tool HydroTerrain (creative, isn't it). And we broke down the paper into two main components: river network generation and terrain generation. I will be mostly responsible for the river networks and my partner the terrain. Our complete design document can be seen below, and our progress can be tracked here.

2

No comments:

Post a Comment