Saturday, March 15, 2014

Attributes and Such

I'm testing the RiverNetworkNode right now and running into a few issues. First off, I realized I don't actually know which attribute of the curve I need to connect to the node. For polygons in our previous assignments it was the .matrix attribute. I took a look through Maya's connection editor, and it seems like only borderConnections is able to connect to the node's inputCurve attribute.

RiverNetworkNode takes in a CV curve and outputs a set of points to be fed into an instancer

However, when compute runs, I get an error creating the curve function set. Currently trying to debug this; will update with findings later.

The MEL commands I'm currently using are as follows:
// Create a CV curve using the CV curve tool
createNode RiverNetworkNode
connectAttr -f curve1.borderConnections[0] RiverNetworkNode1.inputCurve;
polyCube;
instancer;
connectAttr pCube1.matrix instancer1.inputHierarchy[0];
connectAttr RiverNetworkNode1.outputPoints instancer1.inputPoints;
EDIT: using connectAttr -f curve1.worldSpace[0] RiverNetworkNode1.inputCurve; got me further in the compute function. Now running into an error retrieving the CV points on the curve. Will investigate further tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment